Teen Leader Program (TLP’s)
The Kidz Can Play Inc. Teen Leader Program for teens ages 13 & 14 enriches and develops valuable leadership skills for each participant in a supportive community environment. It has been developed to help teens learn to balance the role of responsibility and fun by providing opportunities to learn new skills, while still participating in regular camp activities!
• Teens ages 13 & 14 years of age at the beginning of the camp season
• TLs will have a group meeting each week to be sure that they understand the expectations of the program & their role at Kidz Can Play Inc.
• TLs will help with games, crafts, and all types of activities at camp!
• TLs may be able to get up to 10 hours of volunteer time per week that could be used towards community hours for high school. This must be approved by the TL’s school in advance of attendance. Paperwork must be brought to camp on the last day of the week for the Teen Leader Coach to sign.
• Volunteer hours will only be given to TLs who have worked hard to earn them. These are not given to every person who attends.
• TLs exclusively allotted time for team bonding and leadership games/planning!
• Reduced Camp cost
• Teen Leader T- Shirt
• Increased connections with staff
• Pride in accomplishments while having a great time at Camp!
• Feedback and support from TLs Coach throughout the week
• TLs that are unable to behave within our code of conduct and within the context of the fact that this is a leadership based program will be asked to leave the program without refund. Please ensure that you only register campers who based upon experience are able to behave as good role models to younger children and who have an understanding and respect for our code of conduct.
Our Teen Leader program aims to slowly move our campers from thinking as participants to thinking of enjoying camp while helping others at the same time. Now our Teen Leaders might be asked to be a team captain of a basketball team, or help out with small tasks during crafts or help a 6 year old come up with strategies during capture the flag! This shift in thinking for our participants is essential to understanding the difference between being a participant and being a leader/role model for the campers.
We do suggest more than one week of the program to help with the new shift in thinking, having time to use any feedback from the LIT Coach and giving time for increased connections with other Teen Leaders and staff.
Our Teen Leader program provides a safe and fun environment to enjoy time with peers while learning if being a leader in a camp setting is something that they enjoy! Our Teen Leader program is not an intensive leadership classroom course but a basic leadership program with lots of room for FUN!
This program runs every week of our Summer Camp (July) participants often register for multiple weeks of the program. Availability is limited, please register early.
**Select Teen Leader Program from the Drop down menu under our Summer Camp Registration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a child who is 15 or older and may want to find out about employment with Kidz Can Play Inc. please have them check the employment section of our website. Parents should not make employment inquiries on behalf of their children - thank you!